IELTS writing classes in Gurgaon
May 27, 2021 412 people Latest news
Asta Achievers ( Frequently Asked Questions about IELTS Writing)
Q-1 Can I write by pen or pencil?
- You can write by pen or pencil, but you must write clearly. You may erase/cross out and change parts of your writing, but you must make sure that your work is easy to read. Pencil is the preferred medium.
Q-2 Should I write my answers in upper case (capitals) or lower case?
- You will not be penalized if all your letters are capitals. However, remember that punctuation is assessed in the writing test and you may be penalized if is not clear to the examiner where your sentences begin and end.
Q-3 Where do I write my answers?
- Write your answers on the writing answer sheet. You will not get any paper for making notes, but you may write notes on the question paper. The examiner will not see these. Any content written on the question paper will not be marked. Please ensure you transfer the final answers to the answer sheet.
Q-4 If I make notes, will the examiner read them?
- No, you will not get any paper for making notes, but you may write notes on the question paper. The examiner will not see this.
Q-5 Will I be penalized if I don’t write enough words?
- Yes, you must write at least 150 words for task 1 question and 250 words for the task 2 question. If you don’t write enough words, you will be penalized.
Q-6 Are the two tasks both worth the same number of marks?
- No, task 2 contributes twice as much as task 1 to the writing score.
Q-7 How long should I spend on each task?
- You have 1 hour to write your answers for the two tasks. It is your choice how you divide this time. However, remember that task 2 contributes twice as much as task 1 to the writing score – so you may wish to spend 20 minutes on task 1 and 40 minutes on task 2. You should plan your work carefully before writing, and you should allow time to check your writing after completing a task or at the end of the test.
Q-8 Will I be penalized if I do not write a formal introduction and conclusion for general training writing task 2?
- There is no separate assessment for introductions and conclusions. However, if you do not write an introduction and conclusion, you may be penalized under ‘task response’ and/or ‘coherence and cohesion.
Asta Achievers is the best IELTS institute for getting band scores in the IELTS exam. Our expert trainers always help students and teach the appropriate way to get 8+ band score in exams.
[email protected], [email protected]