September 08, 2021 24 people Latest news
Daily vocab ( Day 19):
Alive [alaiv] adj.
- If someone or something is alive, they are not dead.
- My grandparents are still alive even though they are over 90.
Bone [boun] n.
- A bone is a hard part of the body.
- I brought home a nice bone for my dog.
- To bother is to make the effort to do something.
- No one bothered to wash the dishes today.
Captain [kseptin] n.
- A captain is a person who leads a ship or airplane.
- The captain sailed his ship to Australia.
- The conclusion of something is the final part of it.
- At the conclusion of the race, the spectators cheered for the winner.
Doubt [daut] n.
- Doubt is a feeling of not being sure.
- I have doubt that the story is true.
Explore [ikspl5:rl v.
- To explore is to look for new places.
- He wants to explore the world and see new things.
Foreign [fo(:)rin] adj.
- If something is foreign, it is from a different country.
- Mexican food is a popular foreign food.
- If you are glad, you are happy.
- I am glad you came to my party.
However [hauevar] adv.
- However, means despite or not being influenced by something.
- She is a great cook. However, she never had professional lessons.
- Injustice is a lack of fairness or justice.
- Putting an innocent person in jail is an act of injustice.
- If something is international, it involves more than one country.
- The United Nations is a powerful international organization.
- A lawyer works with the law and represents people in court.
- The lawyer left the courthouse after the judge made her decision.
- To mention something is to talk about it.
- The doctors mentioned the problems that the patient was having.
- A policy is a rule.
- He told us that his policy was to put customers first.
- If something is social, it is about many people in a community.
- People should come together and fix the world’s social problems.
- A speech is something said to a group of people.
- She gave a speech to the class.
- A staff is a group of people working together in a company.
- My dad has a staff of four people to help him at the office.
Toward [tawo:rd] prep.
- If you go toward something, you go closer to it.
- Santa walked toward my house with a special tree.
- Wood is the thing that trees are made of.
- I put the pieces of wood in a pile.
Join Asta Achievers the best IELTS institute in Gurgoan.
Make a phone and join the best coaching center in Gurgoan.