September 10, 2021 22 people Latest news
Appear [apiar] v.
- To appear is to seem.
- She appeared to be sad. She was crying.
Base [beis] n.
- The base is the bottom of something.
- The base of the table has three legs.
Brain [brein] n.
- The brain is the organ in your head that lets you think.
- You must use your brain to solve the problem.
- A career is a job that you do for a large part of your life.
- He was in the hospitality business for most of his career.
Clerk [klark] n.
- A clerk is a type of worker. Clerks in a store help customers.
- The clerk added up her bill for the groceries.
Effort ( n.)
- Effort is hard work or an attempt to do something.
- He always puts a lot of effort into his studies.
Enter [enter] v.
- To enter a place is to go into it.
- Two guards greeted me as I entered the front door.
- When something is excellent, it is very good.
- I got an excellent score on my school test.
Hero [hi:rou] n.
- A hero is a brave person who does things to help others.
- To children, the man in the blue and red costume was a real hero.
- To hurry is to do something quickly.
- I hurried home on my bike.
Inform [inform] v.
- To inform someone is to tell them about something.
- I called and informed her about my idea.
Later [leita:r] adv.
- Later means after the present, expected, or usual time.
- She missed the train, so she’ll arrive a little later than expected.
- To leave means to go away from someone or something.
- He packed his bag and was ready to leave for home.
Locate [loukeit] v.
- To locate something is to find it.
- I could not locate my keys in the house.
- A nurse is a person who helps sick people in the hospital.
- A nurse helped me get better.
- An operation is when a doctor replaces or removes something in the body.
- The operation on my arm was a success.
- Pain is the feeling that you have when you are hurt.
- His head was full of pain.
- To refuse something is to say “ no” to it.
- The dog refused to play with the cat.
- Though is used when the second idea makes the first seem surprising.
- Though he was overweight, he liked to be active.
- If something is various, there are many types of it.
- She owned shoes of various styles.
Asta achievers is the IELTS institute in Gurgoan. If you are looking for IELTS classes please connect our expert team.