October 27, 2021 40 people Latest news
Daily vocab day 26
- Advice is an opinion about what to do.
- I don’t know how to study for my exams. Can you give me some advice
- Along means to move from one part of a road, river, etc. to another.
- Walk along this tunnel for ten minutes, and you’ll see a door on the left.
- Attention is the notice, thought, or consideration of someone.
- His work got the attention of two of his co-workers.
- To attract means to make a person or thing come closer or be interested
- The magnet attracted the metal.
- To climb means to use your hands and feet to go up on something.
- The girls climbed to the top of the mountain.
Drop [drop] v.
- To drop is to fall or allow something to fall.
- A small amount of water dropped from the bottle.
- If something is final, it is the last part.
- In the final part of the film, the man and the woman got married.
- Further is used to say something is from a distance or time.
- The escalator is further along than I thought.
- To imply something is to suggest it without saying it.
- The man implied that he wanted the job, but he didn’t say so.
Maintain [meintein] v.
- To maintain means to make something stay the same.
- The balls maintain constant movement.
- You use neither to connect two negative statements.
- Neither the pass on the left nor the pass on the right will lead us home.
- Otherwise means different or in another way.
- It’s good to stay active; otherwise, you’ll gain weight.
Physical [fizikal] adj.
- If something is physical, it is related to your body and not your mind.
- Biking is good for your physical health.
- To prove something is to show that it is true.
- My teacher proved the answer on the board.
- To react is to act in a certain way because of something that happened.
- James reacted badly to the news.
- To ride something is to travel on it. You can ride an animal, a bike, etc.
- I will ride a roller-coaster for the first time today.
- If something is situated somewhere, it is in that place.
- The whiteboard is situated between the two men.
- Society is people and the way that they live.
- Society expects people to be good and honest.
- A standard is what people consider normal or good.
- This older model TV is below our store’s standards.
- To suggest something means to give an idea or plan about it.
- He suggested that we go to see his boss.
Asta Achievers is a well-reputed institute for OET,IELTS, PTE. Our expert team provides the proper guidance and helps them to achieve their career goals. Please connect our expert team to get further guidance.
[email protected], [email protected]